AnimeCollageRPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest To our roleplay site. Come here to have your very own adventure in the world of you're own imagination.Please register for we do need members

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mephisto Pheles

Go down 
+4
Raita Kurokaji
Amaymon
~Rin★Okumura~
Mephistopheles
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Location : At True Cross Academy, fulfilling my duties as Principle //† Wherever I might be, I warn you that it would be best if you stay away from me lest you wish to be cast into eternal damnation.

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:35 pm

✝✝Introduction✝✝

Name: Mephisto Pheles
Kanji: メフィスト・フェレス
Romanji: Mefisuto Feresu

✝Characteristics✝
Race: Demon
Height: 195 cm (6’4")
Weight: 74kg (163 lbs)
Eyes: Forest Green
Hair: Purple

✝Professional Status✝
Affiliation: Exorcists
Base of Operations: True Cross Academy

✝Personal Status✝
Relatives:
✝ Amaimon (Brother)
✝ Satan (Father)
✝ Rin Okumura (Half-brother)
✝ Yukio Okumura (Half-brother)

✝Exorcist Status✝

Class: Honorary Knight

✝✝Summary✝✝

Mephisto is the Principle of True Cross Academy and also an Exorcist. He uses the name Johann Faust V in public. After Shiro Fujimoto's death, Pheles was ordered to execute Rin Okumura, however he accepted Rin’s proposal in becoming an exorcist and entered him into True Cross Academy as a student. It has been heavily implied that he is the son of Satan along with his brother, the Earth King, Amaimon. He has been shown responsible for allowing several higher class demons onto campus. His name is an obvious pun on the word Mephistopheles, which is name for the another infamous devil, similar to his father Satan. He is portrayed as a man with more money than sense but is very cheap when it comes to spending on others.

✝✝Appearance✝✝

Mephisto is commonly seen wearing white clothes with a huge hat on his head. He has pointed ears along with abnormal sharp, pointed teeth, thus giving him the average demon appearance. He is rather tall, has dark purple hair, and has frost green eyes. His normal clothes consist of a white top hat with pink and purple around the base, purple gloves, a tie that is pink with white dots, a white suit-shirt and undershirt, jester-style pants, and pointed shoes. Because of his appearance, Rin normally refers to him as “the Clown”. Later, he stops wearing the jester pants and pointed shoes, and instead wears white dress pants and black shoes.

In addition, he can transform into a small, white, Scottish terrier-looking dog. When in this form, he has a large pink ribbon around his neck with a silver trinket attached to it, the trinket being the symbol of an exorcist.

✝✝Personality✝✝

Mephisto is a very mysterious character - he acts as if he knows more than he is letting on. Careful and meticulous, he is like a chess player, always ahead of the game. Due to this, it is still unsure as to what side he is on or whether if he is on any side at all! He also enjoys chaos to the fullest, he claiming himself that he was a hell-raiser, and Assiah to be his playground, though he does not wish to see anyone be killed. He claimed that he would kill Amaimon if he ever tried to kill any of his students.

He is prone to eccentric moments nestled in between serious moments, making light of a heavy mood and is portrayed as a man with more money than sense, but is very cheap when it comes to spending on others. Like his brother he love to eat sweets and he is deeply interested in the Japanese pop culture, implying that he is an Otaku.

✝✝Powers & Abilities✝✝

Mephisto is powerful enough to block any higher ranking demon from entering into the academy. It is stated when Pheles told Amaimon the King of Earth, to enter into the academy, Amaimon replied that he can't enter into the academy without the "Infinity Key" because of Pheles's barrier. How powerful he is has not been shown yet but he has mentioned that he is a honorary knight, the position two ranks below Paladin (the strongest exorcist). When he sealed Rin's flames into Koumaken, he only had to snap his fingers.

✝Transformation✝

Mephisto Pheles Tumblr_lntwbwU1Hj1qf6drao1_500
He possesses the unique and peculiar ability of transforming into a small dog after counting down from three in German, which allows him to escape through small gaps and spaces.

✝Summoning✝

Mephisto Pheles Cc
Mephisto was able to summon a giant clock to save Amaimon just by counting down from 3 in German, to make the giant clock appear. This could mean that his powers aren't triggered by words or specific phrases, but just his own preference. Mephisto could be considered a tamer (Tamers use demons, known as familiars, to fight for them).

✝Mystery Attack✝
Mephisto Pheles Tumblr_lqnc8yz6951qbz42yo2_400
When the Boys' Dorm was attacked by the masked person, Mephisto said that he was going to make the person regret attacking the academy. He waves his umbrella in circles above him and a flaming pentagram within two circles appears in the air. It creates lightning as it hovers. It, like his other abilities, appears to be activated by him counting to three in German. However, Arthur Angel (the current Paladin) puts out the symbol with water, so it is unknown what it would have done were it to have been used.

✝✝Trivia✝✝

✝Both his name and alias, Faust, are taken from an old German folklore called Goethe's Faust in which the main character, Faust, is tricked by a demon named Mephistopheles into making a bad wish, a journey to find "the infinite knowledge", and Faust agrees. When he finds a moment for which he wants to last forever, he will have lost, he will die that instant and Mephistopheles will take his soul. Furthermore, the demon Mephistopheles in Goethe's Faust is able to transform into a small dog too, and makes his first entry in that form. This is played with a bit in one episode, where it shows Mephisto in a flashback making a gamble about eternal life with an old man, possibly Faust himself. Another anime series called Puella Magi Madoka Magica dealt with this similar concept and ended shortly after Blue Exorcist started airing.
✝His average hours of sleep is 1 hour.
✝He is pretty good at party games, claw crane games and chess.
✝His pastimes and talents are: movies, manga, anime, video games, music, toys, and subcultures.
✝His favorite food is junk food.
✝His favorite type of women are those who are temptresses, "devilish", or elegant/beautiful.
✝He can speak German.
✝He can speak Italian (as seen in some episodes in the anime [ex: "Bravo!"]).

✝✝Headcanons✝✝

✝History✝

Mephisto Pheles Mephistopheles-2

The Fall

War. The first war that would begin the chain of violence. Rebellion. That word, that term… it was still new to me. I was extremely young, but even so, it was still new to those more experience than I - even to my master, the Archangel Michael. I watched all unfold with wounded eyes. Father… why would you betray us like that? Why would you betray Him?! I clenched my eyes shut. My fists tightened and I gritted my teeth together harshly. This…This wasn’t happening. This was never supposed to happen. This couldn’t-

“Mephistopheles.”

A hand was set upon my head and my thoughts were shattered. I knew that voice like no other. Dare I look up?

“What are you doing here all alone, son?”

He hissed out my name of relation like a serpent. He, in a sense, was a serpent. I stayed quiet.

“It is rude to not answer your father.”

That was my breaking point. I couldn’t control my temper. Not when all of these events were in play. I snapped my eyes open and raised my head to him, a flame of wrath burning in my eyes. “You are a disgrace of a Father! I shall never speak to a disgrace - a serpent - a traitor!” I snarled hands clenched into fists. I saw a crude, vial grin spread across his face as though he ravished in a thought unknown to me… unknown to all.

“You have the nature of one of us.” Namely, demons. Unruly monsters were they. “You are my son, my blood - you will come to be just like me. You can run for now, but soon you will grow weary, and you will turn back to where you belong.”

My eyes widened. My past anger dispersed and was replaced with cold fear. I took a shaky step backwards, but I lost my balance and fell on my back. I didn’t struggle to my feet. I couldn’t. All my strength, power, everything - gone, replaced by terror. I just stared back, trembling. I had proceeded to call him a disgrace and a traitor but now… I was frozen in my tracks. I suppose that my bark didn’t match my bite. He laughed, not joyously, but viciously.

“You’ll join my side quicker than you think. Afterall, what is a Father without his son?”

Then, he was gone. My father had been destroyed right in front of me, and I was forced to watch him fall. It was painful to accept, but it was his own choice to rebel. I didn’t budge from my spot. I was too fear stricken. Trepidation was upon me. Was I really destined to become just like him - The once glorified angel, my father, Lucifer?

The Rebellion of Mephistopheles

Time was nonexistent in the Spiritual realm. That being said, I didn’t know how long it had been since that incident. I did know one thing, however - I was broken. I’m sure that most noticed that I was not acting like my usual self. I became more secluded, rarely choosing to talk to anyone unless need be. After awhile, I forgot how to start a friendly conversation. Michael, my teacher, had attempted to get me to tell him what was bothering me so terribly several times, but I never responded. I had a feeling that he already knew what was making me act like this, but alas, I would never make his hypothesis a fact. I went on through the days, everything just a routine. I felt like I was just going through the motions. Everything that I saw lacked vividness and emotional coloring. Seeing that I did nothing but admire my father, all of this weighed heavily upon me. And as the days passed by, my state was worsening. I was ripped apart. The damage was done.

One day, I finally made a decision. I made it mindlessly, because by this time, I could barely even think straight. He said, “What is a Father without his son?” Now, my thoughts were, “What is a Son without his father?” I left heaven in bitter silence, not daring to speak to anyone. I’m sure some were celebrating my demise. Not everyone wants the son of the devil lingering in their presence. They despised me. As for others, I’m not sure, and I probably never will be. But with rebellion comes some type of punishment; whether it be loss or gaining the hatred of many, you can never leave in one piece. That’s just how things are…

I fell to my knees, a puddle of blood, my blood, growing beneath me. The puddle kept spreading like poison. Pain was a benevolent, optimistic way of explaining what I was going through. It was so excruciating. Unexplainable. Unimaginable. Such agony should not exist. How is there pain in heaven? How is there blood in heaven? What questions of simplicity. Now I was an outcast in heaven; I no longer pertained to the promise of there being no suffering in heaven. I was a lonely castoff soul that should be dwelling in the Depths of the Pit. With what I was experiencing, a human should have died at least 200 times already; but if I was just a soul, how was I bleeding? Was it because of the Curse? I was a child, not ignorant but not omniscient either. Ah, and more of that putrid red substance splattered to the ground. A toddler could have waded in all of the blood. However, despite all of this, I somehow remained stoic - save for the glint of despair buried within my eyes.

The wings of an angel – swan like feathers, layer upon layer, smooth and soft, perfect and pure. Imagine such a flawless creation stained with the gruesome color of red. Reduced to a few measly feathers not of more value than a crow’s. Torn away from the one who was privileged enough to be in ownership of the peerless genesis. Lacerated from your spine. That’d be sore for quite awhile - the pain bothered me but it didn’t hurt as much as losing the impeccable wealth. The memories would leave even more grave scars than the ones etched into my skin. I ran my tongue across my lips to rid of some of the blood that had splashed onto my face, however, a sudden sting shot through my tongue. Blood seeped out from the sides of my mouth. I had slit my tongue open when I ran it across my teeth, or rather, now, fangs. I swallowed my own blood. I was already drenched in the deep red substance; why not just not pretend that it was water and quench my thirst? I got to my feet shakily, took a step forward, and then I met the ground once again. The pain had yet to fade. The blood didn’t cease, either. I should have died a long time ago, but a soul cannot die. It is forced to live in either eternal torment or bliss - I chose torment.

My pointed ears gave a few weak twitches. Voices. The voices of my allies… past allies. I couldn’t make out words. It was like they were speaking another language unfamiliar to my tongue. Michael was upon them, or I at least guessed that he was; my only source of knowing was separated the tones of voices from one another. I hadn’t the power to peer around to see who was who. Even if I did somehow push myself to look around I wouldn’t be able to see. My eyes were practically painted over with red. I imagined that some were saying only bad about me, others mocking with sneers, and maybe a few had sympathy.

Once again, I struggled to my feet. I staggered, but eventually, I regained my balance. My newfound tail helped me redeem my equilibrium, and I offered a silent thank you. Such an odd, useful new characteristic. I do suppose that the horns would come in handy, also. My shirt was torn up. The blood was sticky and caused the remains of my shirt to stick to my scarred back. My skin was hanging off in fleshy clumps. It was burning so terribly. But I would have to deal with the pain for I knew it was my time to depart. I was no longer welcomed here. I limped off blindly, passing my friends, or rather now, enemies. I kept staggering on and on. The more I walked the harder it was to breath. My face was wet with blood and tears. I clenched my sharp teeth together and lowered my head in despair. Finally, my legs gave out on me. I collided with the ground, another round of sharp pain striking at my spine. A hoarse scream tore at the vocal chords of my throat. Darkness followed and I embraced it with open arms.

Yet Thou Shalt Be Brought Down to Sheol, to the Uttermost Parts of the Pit

I felt my conscious prickling at me, forcing me to come around from my absent-minded state. I cracked one of my eyes open but it closed not two seconds later. I tried again and only got the same result. Emerging from this drowsy state was going to serve as a challenge. I contemplated on letting the shadows of unconsciousness engulf me once more. That, however, was before all that had previously happened was thrown back at me. I sat up quickly - too quickly - and an agonizing pain shot through my spine. I gritted my canines and a muffled howl emerged from my dry throat. However, I did not lie back down. I needed to get my bearings of this place … whatever this place was.

My bright green eyes flashed from side to side, one wall to the next. Anxious. Overwhelmed with panic. Steel bars and steel chains. Hands and feet bound. A cold steel collar painfully pinched at my skin with every movement. Bloodcurdling screams in the distance. Inhuman screeching and hissing responding to the shrieks. One final scream, then silence. My chest was heaving. I was trembling. Mouth hung slightly agape. Tail twitching in apprehension. Bound hands clenched into fists. Claws drawing blood out from the flesh. Another chain of screams began. Hell come fourth.

I mumbled and muttered to myself. I needed some way to muffle the screams, but my rambling to nothing was doing… well, nothing. Just like before I came here, I couldn’t think. I never actually escaped that state. I could, however, ask myself question. Why was I being treated as a prisoner? I was almost positive that they, the other demons, knew whose son I was - so why throw me in a cell? When did I fall unconscious? Did my father even know that I was here? Was he punishing me? I groaned – my head was pounding. It would serve little to no good to try to figure out this puzzle with no pieces. I fell backwards, grimacing at the pain still in my back.

Hours. Days. A week. It didn’t matter anymore. I laid on the icy cold floor, eyes glued to the dark abyss above. Wrists and ankles torn up by the sheering metal. Skin peeling off of my neck. Back still hurting – I began to wonder if the pain would last me for all eternity. I transformed the screams afar into twisted melodies. I hummed along and cracked a mad grin. However, I caught myself, and shook my head to revert the screams to normal. Trying to evade insanity here was… insane. I sat up and sighed. I brought my knees to my chest and stared at the ground, attempting to think. Seconds ticked by. Minutes. Five, ten - Gah, this wasn’t working!
“Damned screams!” I snarled weakly and buried my head into my arms. I clenched my eyes shut. “Be silent…” I murmured, voice raspy. Then, silence. Silence? No, not complete silence. Someone was approaching; I could hear the sound of their footsteps. Excluding the heaving of my chest and anxious twitching of my tail, I didn’t move. My breath again turned ragged The steps came closer, and closer, until they stopped. My breathing stopped.

“Hello, young prince.”

That most certainly was not my father’s voice. I was planning on not acknowledging the entity, unless it were to be my father, but curiosity got the better of me. Young prince? I raised my head and looked at the demon, blinking while exhaling the air that had been so desperately clawing at my throat. He was tall. Then again, I was quite short, so he probably seemed average height. He had a tail, horns, fangs, pointed ears, and slitted eyes like me; however, the details of the traits differed, but I was least focused on appearance. I wanted answers. “Who are you?” He began to chuckle.

“Curious lad, aren’t ya? Eh, guess it can’t be helped. Names Baal. I’m one of the seven rulers of this kingdom, under the command of your father.”

I should have expected Father to have already set up a hierarchy. My eyes fell to the ground sorrowfully. Scenes from the tragedy played through my mind, clawing at my own wellbeing. “…Does he know I’m here?” I murmured, restraints rattling from the trembling of my hands. I knew that I was losing it…

“Sure does. What, did you expect him not to know that is own son was here?” Baal scratched the back of his neck, snickering at my stupidity. He abruptly stopped snickering when a harsh gust of wind passed. The frigid prickling of it made my trembling worse. He scowled. “The lord calls. Come on, follow me.” He opened up the cell door.

“I can’t.” I muttered, holding up my arms shakily, gesturing to the chains.

“Oh, right.” He grumbled some words and the shackles fell off. I rubbed my scarred wrists. Spells weren’t anything new to me. Though in Heaven, we used prayers, but it was the same concept. I stood up, stumbled a bit, but got to my feet. My legs were sore and stiff from not having been used for so long, but I could make due on my own. I staggered after him. Really, what other choice did I have but to not follow him? I wanted to see Father, and in order to see him, I would have to follow Baal. If I were to stay here, I would probably have to be around him every once in awhile, too. It would benefit me to get used to his company. Everything was happening so suddenly… too quickly to think over. But one must adapt in order to survive.

Shattered Wings

I gazed around with wide, fearful eyes. The trembling of my bones never left me, rather, it grew stronger. I walked on dead ground. All life was ripped away and replaced with the presence of death. Fear, despair, sorrow, suffering, regret – all was present here… except for the flip side of the coin. The Fruit of the Spirit was without attendance. Love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness – all was absent here. The atmosphere was enough to drive someone mad, but the surroundings and sights… my, were they a view. To a twisted entity that is. Barren landscape splattered with red. Monochromatic almost – black and white fittingly combined with the color of life. But life was without name here as well. In this case, red represented negativity. It was splattered among the land out of sheer wrath and violence. Blood was no longer a symbol of neither sacrifice nor blessed life. They molded it into something to be feared. Something that could cause wars and lament. They. The demons.

And I was one of them.

I was no better than any who dwelt in the vial lot of monsters. If anything, I was the worst of them all. I was the spawn of the tyrant who started this war. I would have found it amusing had I not been a pawn in this game of sorts – I was ruined because of my father but I came here on my own terms. I had choices. I knew the consequences at hand if I picked the wrong one. And I recklessly chose the wrong even with that knowledge. Now here I am. This is what I wanted, was it not? Yes, it was, and regret would do me no good. I had to accept it and trudge forward. I was a demon and I would follow my lineage for eternity. I was a king’s son and I would uphold my position as a prince with pride. My trembling stopped and I closed my eyes. When I reopened them, any trace of regret that lingered was erased. My sanity drowned and a mad frenzy overwhelmed it like a disease, spreading until its victim was at its breaking point.

I glanced around once again, absently following Baal, speaking not a word. I was too entranced by the macabre beauty of this land to talk. Not five minutes ago did I dread being trapped here, and now I could not be happier with my confinement. I hummed a light tune while walking and I scarcely noticed the odd looks that Baal was casting me. I spun around and walked backwards, hand folded behind my back as I took in the surroundings with much awe. Such suffering caused me joy and the lonesome screaming of afar was a faint melody to my ears. I was snapped out of my daze when I collided with what I presumed to be Baal. I spun around on my heel, smiling nervously.
“Sor…” I began but stopped when I saw him looking down at me, eyes wide shock. I took a cautious step back, blinking, expression fallen blank. “What?” I tilted my head to the left, eyebrows furrowed. He didn’t answer, but just before I was about to demand an answer, he grabbed my arm. His expression now? Fearful. I didn’t know what he was so frightened of, but if I had to guess, I would have to say me. His grip was a bit shaky and his breathing became harsher, eyes locked onto me and drowned in terror. Again, before I could utter a word, he said a quick spell and we vanished from spot.

I felt solid ground beneath my feet and I was being tugged along. I was forced into a run. I shook my head and flickered my eyes open. When my vision cleared and I could take in a full sweep of the scenery, I jerked back out of surprise. However, I was almost immediately yanked back into a sprint. I was in a completely different location – a large building of sorts. It was eerily lit with blue flames. The walls were made of black stone and the rugs were many shades of red. Alas, I had not the time to take note of any other details for I passed them in too much of a blur. Baal was the one who was leading me. He looked confused, fearful even still, but he somehow looked joyful too. I blinked, thoroughly confused, but showed no action to slow down. I was swung into a sharp turn and we burst through two large doors with designs engraved on them. I would ask to study them later. I had always been a curious child.

“My Lord!”

Baal’s sudden yell jolted me from my thoughts. He released his grip from my arm and kneeled. I followed suit. I felt a pair of eyes upon me. I hadn’t even the need to cast a glance upon who it was to know the identity. His presence never needed to go unknown and he never showed an attempt to conceal his existence. My breathing was harsh; not from the running but from fear. Would he be upset with me? It seemed most likely. After all, I did call him a disgrace and a traitor. It would be a miracle if I did go without punishment. Miracles don’t happen in hell.

“I have found him! Your son is-“

“Quiet.” He commanded. His voice alone could strike others frozen. Baal went dead silent. I had yet to raise my head and I didn’t plan on doing so. Then I heard footsteps… and they were coming directly towards me! My throat became constricted and I trembled, waiting for a tempest of flames to engulf me. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Nothing. Nothing?

“Ah, now I see what you were so enticed on telling me about, Baal.”

He was standing behind me. I bit down on my lip, drawing blood, still prepared for the worst. I had to wonder what he was talking about though. Surely it was not about my arrival. I wouldn’t have been stuck in that cell for so long if it was. It was something else. But what?

“It’s good of you to finally join us, Mephistopheles. What did I tell you?”

He was expecting an answer. I stayed silent for a few moments. Finally, I braved an answer. “…You told me that…” I mumbled, finding it hard to talk. Breathing didn’t come as easy as it should have either. “…that I would side with you eventually.”

“Was I not right?”

I nodded slowly. “You were.”

“Am I ever wrong?”

This time I slowly shook my head. “No…” Some seconds later, his hand came upon my head and he ruffled my hair. I had clenched my eyes shut and cowered away from his reach, fearing that the Azure flames would engulf me. But they didn’t. No pain.

“Stand.”

I hesitated but did as he told. When I was up on my feet, I stretched, feeling a bit more comfortable and brave. You should never let your guard down around the Devil though, no matter your relation to him. This time, it was he who grabbed my arm and led me away to another room. I did not protest, for if I had, I would have had to deal with his wrath. It was still odd to me to see my father in this state and not a glorious angel any longer but much to my misfortune, I could do nothing to prevent it. Baal stayed where he was, watching me with weary eyes. We reached the room. I looked around intently even though there wasn’t much to look at. The walls were the same as every other and it was empty, save for a few pieces of furniture and a large mirror. He dragged over to a mirror and turned me around so my back was facing it. I raised an eyebrow, confused, and then he told me to look into the mirror. I huffed out a breath, thinking this was unnecessary and childish, but I turned my head to gaze into the mirror.

I regret that decision.

My shirt was torn and ragged, only a few pieces of cloth clinging to my bloody skin. It gave a clear view of my back. Now I could see what Baal and Father were obsessing about. My eyes widened, locked onto the glass; I was unable to tear them away. Oh how I wished that glass to be broken into shards right now. There were complex symbols, markings, and words scattered across my torn up flesh. I could not describe them any better – it was one of those things that you would have to see for yourself to understand. Two large, jagged scars were etched into my skin. The gashes were still gushing with blood… in my eyes, at least. In reality, they were just scars, already completely healed. Pain flared up in my back, attacking my spine and chewing away at my flesh and bones. My skin began to peel and burn. Blood dripped to the floor and trickled down my face. It was beginning to blind me. I fell to my knees, clawing at my back, restraining a scream. I was being stabbed and slashed at with burning steel and nails were being hammered into my spinal cord – multiply that pain by 200 times. That’s what it felt like. I could scarcely see. I raised my head slightly, looking back into the mirror. Something was standing behind me. It wasn’t Father. It wasn’t Baal. It was me when I was an angel and living a life without torment. He – I – it grinned, pointed, and began laughing. It scolded me, reminding me of past times. Things it knew that would pain me to hear. A final jest and I lost it.

“Do you know who caused this mess for you? Our father – but mine is not as stupid as yours. You’re weak for following him. Can’t stand on your own two feet without him, huh? How pathetic - the both of you.”

I didn’t give it a chance to continue. I was up on my feet in a flash, grabbing the mirror, and then, with a frustrated scream, flung it across the room. It collided with a wall and shattered into fragments. I stood, slouched, head hung down. Father was merely watching, a grin growing on his lips. My shoulders began to shake. Suddenly, I threw my head up, cackling loudly, back arched and fangs visible. My tail thrashed from side to side behind me and I flexed my hands, as if about to jab my claws into something – anything – and rip it into confetti. I grinned crookedly and tilted my head to the side, laughing still, my tongue running across my canines. Father let out an amused chuckle here and there and walked up to me, ruffling my hair again, easing me out of the illusions. I forgot about them and the pain. Madness had overthrown my mind. Eventually my fit of malicious laughter subsided. I looked up at Father with bloodshot eyes. He looked proud of me, and for the first time, I raised my head with conceit, mouth sharpened into an arrogant smirk.

The Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing

“My son, Mephistopheles, you are the very Embodiment of Hell.”

I dragged my feet as I trudged through darkness, hands shoved into my pockets and eyes locked onto the obscured ground beneath me. It had been a several months, going on a year, since that conflict. That day, I found out what the signs etched into my flesh were. Symbols – the symbols of who the Representation of Hell was. The “Embodiment of Hell” as Father put it. I was Hell in the Flesh. That’s why Baal was so terrified; when I turned my back towards him as I was gazing upon the land, he saw the symbols. He was fearful of my power. I wielded great power, supposedly rivaling Father’s at its full potential, but I had yet to unlock it. So I trained everyday with Father and several other high ranking demons, such as Baal, to master my abilities. Magic came naturally to me. It was my primary element of sorts. Father began teaching me how to conjure up the Azure Flames only a few days ago and I was making excellent progress with that thanks to his guidance. I never thought that I would be able to control the destructive flames, but I guess one can surprise even themself. I knew how to make illusions. Since I had firsthand experience with them before, it wasn’t too hard to turn the tables to my favor. I was even able to create my own world out of the hallucinations – my own personal hell. And that’s where I was right now.

Limbo – a swirling inky black abyss of silence… for now at least. Creatures, namely, my familiars, crept in the shadows. All different from the neighboring: some harmless looking, others terrifying and bloodthirsty, the remaining neutral enough to give children nightmares. Other than the lesser demons and I, all was vast, cut off from all life. An empty wasteland of murky dusk. Compared to the rest of Gehenna, this twisted dimension seemed most peaceful and safe. But it wasn’t. There was neither peace nor safety in hell. Not to the souls of the damned.

I snapped my fingers and a portion of the black ink like substance rose from the ground, crisscrossing over each other, forming a chair. It was unstable looking. The otherworldly substance splattered back into the ground like poisonous raindrops. Nonetheless, I walked over to it and made myself comfortable, crossing one leg over the other. Time passed by, and within that time, my familiars had gathered around me, barking and screeching with excitement. I smiled and gave each one a pat on the head – they gave me comfort and I gave them attention in return. Many of them were hounds, and the rest were a variety of animal-resembling creatures. Some were hybrids and mixtures of those animals. Some were colorful, others dull. Suddenly, the lesser demons stopped yapping. The ones who had ears perked them, growling lowly; the ones that did not showed alarm by pacing anxiously, as if waiting for me to give the sign to attack. A poor, unfortunate soul had wandered into my world seeking water to quench its thirst.

I hushed my familiars and commanded them to flee back into the shadows, save for one - A small pup, patched together with different patterns such as stripes and checkers. It looked harmless. I hid my tail and horns, and even though I could do nothing about the pointy ears and teeth, I imagined the soul would take no note of it. No, it would be too eager to comfort a, how did they put it…“lost child”? My familiar jumped into my arms and laid still, looking to be nothing more than a stuffed animal. That’s when I heard the staggering steps of the soul, moaning for help. Mercy. I revealed myself from the shadows. The soul caught sight of me and me of it. A woman, torn and tattered just as all the other souls. Lament in her eyes, but when she saw me, the sorrow mixed with… pity? She mustered up the best smile she could, feeling compassion for the “lost child”. She was probably a mother when she was breathing. It was difficult to stop myself from sneering at the pathetic mortal. Instead, I stared blankly at her for a few moments and then slowly returned the smiled. Soft and joyful, though with a twinge of sadness, just as it should be. Acting came easily to me. She ran up to me and embraced me, murmuring kind and comforting words. I let this go on for a few seconds, and then she stopped, spluttering for air. I grinned widely against her shoulder. Blood sprinkled to the ground.

I escaped from her limp grasp and took a few paces backwards, giggling demonically. I snapped my fingers and the pup unlatched its razor sharp teeth from the soul’s throat. Crimson and a black substance similar to that all around us dripped from its mouth as it scampered over to my side. It snarled, x -crossed red eyes glowing with malice. My own bright green eyes lingered upon the soul who was staring at me, blood flowing from the wound, fear multiplying by the tenfold. I raised my hand from my side and held it out towards the soul. My familiars crawled out from the shadows, screeching and howling with hunger. Then she began screaming. Horrible, grisly tortured wails. They invoked visions of wicked butchery, carnage, bloodbaths, and massacre. I ran my tongue across my canines and muttered with numb animosity,

“Time to play.”

Mephisto Pheles Mephistopheles-3

Unbeknownst a Mirror Image

Decades, centuries, millenniums passed. I grew older and therefore wiser. I spent my time traveling back and forth from Gehenna to Assiah. I wagered humans for their souls and struck deals with them. I would serve them in their world, Assiah, and grant them whatever they wished. In return, they sold their souls to me. Normally they gave up quickly; they became too weary of my tricks and wished for nothing but their end. I followed the contract but it was rather easy to twist their wishes into something that I could turn against them. One must be meticulous when dealing with a demon, especially with one who has been alive since before time existed. Though, eventually, I began to grow tired of these deals. After my contract with Faust, no one presented a challenge. Humans were becoming too easy to manipulate. It was that or I was too conniving for my own good. Gehenna was dull. There was nothing to keep me entertained there. The shrilly screams gave me headaches, the blood bothered my nose, no one had manners, and the scenery was boring. Assiah on the other hand was full of things to keep me entertained. There were many places to travel to, most humans had manners (and those who didn’t were still more polite than demons), the streets weren’t bathed in blood wherever you looked, and there weren’t souls screaming in your ear every second of your life. Assiah was my own personal playground.

After years of thinking and conjuring up a flawless plan, I finally decided to take my leave. I told Father that I would merely be serving as a spy in the True Cross Order, and I would report to him anything that would serve to our benefit to know. To gain the Vatican’s trust, I would use the excuse of “I want to create peace between both Gehenna and Assiah”. With my skill of persuasion, they would fall for it. Father accepted my proposal. He thought it was a brilliant idea. Little did he know that I would actually be working against him. To put it simply, and rather bluntly, I would be playing the part of a double spy. I would be planning against my father, tricking the Vatican, and I hoped to run a school for exorcists and normal students. I had to make money somehow after all and it could be fun!

But, in all actuality, I was the one being fooled here. I craved power and wanted to raise my throne above my father. I was no different than him. He wished to raise his throne above God’s and bring torment to the world. I wished to raise my throne above my father and God; my peacemaker act was sickly fake. That’s why it is called an act. I wanted power. I wanted to be in control. I wanted revenge for what I had been put through. I would use humans as my pawns to get what I wanted. Did I care if they were killed? No, I’d rather they rot in hell anyways. But I was blind and I could not recognize any of this. Without noticing, I was slowly falling victim to hell’s grasps. Turning into what I was originally made out to be. If a soul can’t escape hell then I’m sure that the Embodiment of Hell itself can’t escape either. The damned can never leave. Because you see, when in hell, your only choice is to embrace the Devil.

Schadenfreude.

Mephisto Pheles Mephistopheles-5

✝Side Headcanons✝

✝His name, Mephistopheles, is derived from the Hebrew mephitz, meaning “destroyer”, and tophel, meaning liar; tophel is short for tophel shequer, the literal translation of which is “falsehood plasterer”.
✝ Mephisto never had a Mother. He was created from a feather from Lucifer’s wings and molded into a being, somewhat similar to the creation of Eve.
✝Despite being a demon, he always carries a Bible with him.
✝When he was an angel, he was shy and timid.
✝ His favorite alcoholic drinks are wine, specifically red wine, and sake. It’s difficult for him to get drunk but when he does he tends to become easily angered.
✝He can play the piano and the violin. Sometimes he writes his own music to keep himself sane.
✝He’s a selfish, conniving bastard. Case closed.

(*Side note: Just to let you guys know, I based most of his history on the actual legends of Mephistopheles. For example, in Seligmann, The History of Magic, Mephistopheles is a fallen angel and was the apprentice of the Archangel Michael. In Christopher Marlowe’s Dr. Faustus, Mephistopheles himself states that he is the very embodiment of hell. So just to make it clear, I wasn’t making up a ton of stuff to make my character cooler or whatever. They’re facts; I’m just combining Mephistopheles with Blue Exorcist’s Mephisto Pheles.)

Mephisto Pheles GoodvsEvil

Last edited by Mephisto Pheles on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
~Rin★Okumura~

~Rin★Okumura~

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Mephisto Pheles Rin10

W-WHY OF ALL PEOPLE HAD TO COME HERE?! NOW I CAN'T LAZE AROUND!
Back to top Go down
Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Location : At True Cross Academy, fulfilling my duties as Principle //† Wherever I might be, I warn you that it would be best if you stay away from me lest you wish to be cast into eternal damnation.

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Muwahaha! Oh, come now! You know you are glad that Mr. Yukio didn't join! You should be thankful that I stopped him from doing so! But... I can call him up right now and change all of that if you'd like! >D
Mephisto Pheles Tumblr_lw021ka6Dw1qi89r0o1_500
Now you'll have both of us watching you like a hawk~
Back to top Go down
~Rin★Okumura~

~Rin★Okumura~

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:34 pm

Mephisto Pheles 39397910

N-No need to do that! I'll be good a-and I'll be on class on time! I don't need someone as annoyign as my brother telling me what to do! D:<
Back to top Go down
Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:44 pm

Mm-hm, mm-hm, that's what I thought! Then I suspect you will be on good behavior, yes? Mephisto Pheles Aoex14
Back to top Go down
~Rin★Okumura~

~Rin★Okumura~

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:46 pm

Mephisto Pheles Rin_ok10

Of course! I'm Rin after all and I've never messed up ever!
Back to top Go down
Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Ahaha! Very good, very good.
Mephisto Pheles Mep_An1
Back to top Go down

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 3:41 pm

So adorable even though I know the characters well in the anime
Back to top Go down
Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Adorable you say?
...See Rin, I get all the ladies. :p
Back to top Go down

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 4:30 pm

He's got Shemi last I checked I call you *Teasing*
Back to top Go down
Amaymon

Amaymon

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Mephisto Pheles 43t34t
This is way better than television.
Back to top Go down
Raita Kurokaji

Raita Kurokaji

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Indeed.....Mephesto i do like your avi pick it does make you look well...cute?
Back to top Go down
https://animecollagerpg.rpg-board.net
Amaymon

Amaymon

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Raita Kurokaji wrote:

Mephisto Pheles 794291
Back to top Go down
Raita Kurokaji

Raita Kurokaji

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Ummmm huh?
Back to top Go down
https://animecollagerpg.rpg-board.net
Amaymon

Amaymon

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:30 pm

You called my brother cute. I see what you did there...

Should I tell Shura you're stealing all the ladies Mephisto? >D I bet she won't be happy to hear you're a chick magnet!

Him? Shiemi likes me I would think!
Back to top Go down
Tenten

Tenten

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:53 pm

*Gasps* Mephisto Pheles 7410 I'm telling Shura-nee-chan!!!.............. KIDDING!!!! XDD haha xDD
Back to top Go down
Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:36 am

Amaymon wrote:
Mephisto Pheles 43t34t
This is way better than television.

Mephisto Pheles Tumblr_m2ksbps0Ko1r2xpsx
Amaymon! What are you doing here?! Go back to Gehenna!

Raita Kurokaji wrote:
Mephisto Pheles Tumblr_m0sbs63Ote1r2xpsx
Thank-you, mademoiselle!

Amaymon wrote:
Should I tell Shura you're stealing all the ladies Mephisto? >D I bet she won't be happy to hear you're a chick magnet!
Mephisto Pheles Tumblr_m2eqwoISZk1r2xpsx
You wouldn't dare... And it's not my fault that I'm so devilishly charming and handsome!

Amaymon wrote:
Him? Shiemi likes me I would think!
You both have it all wrong.
Mephisto Pheles Jpg

Tenten wrote:
*Gasps* Mephisto Pheles 7410 I'm telling Shura-nee-chan!!!.............. KIDDING!!!! XDD haha xDD
Mephisto Pheles Tumblr_m22mmljRef1r2xpsx
Oh well, I guess I'll go prepare for her wrath...
Back to top Go down
Amaymon

Amaymon

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 7:07 pm

Until I can post the video I wanted, this will have to do...
See brother? I think Shiemi is already my bride~!

Spoiler:

Drum roll please~~~ REJECTION.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shura Kirigakure

Shura Kirigakure

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Mephisto Pheles Tumblr_m37ossBMCs1r5dfr6

Alright, what the hell is going on here.
Mephisto Pheles Tumblr_m37tpsQ5CA1r5dfr6

MEPHISTO. You best haul ass outta here.
Mephisto Pheles Tumblr_m37xfkerC21r5dfr6

Well, yea, 'course 'm gunna reject him... he's a conniving bastard.

Mephisto Pheles Tumblr_m3869mEEfL1r5dfr6
Back to top Go down
Amaymon

Amaymon

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:35 pm

You have been served.

Back to top Go down

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Ok totally off the subject here, but seriously you need to stop flirting with me Amaymon ._. it's flattering and all that you think I'm beautiful but if Yylfordt finds out he's going to be pretty pissed off.
Back to top Go down
Amaymon

Amaymon

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:03 pm

But, I thought I got all the bitches!

Mephisto Pheles Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGyDMJULrKSY5ms451AwAnXVQN7Tx5TYGK3j8kYl1_FkA2XmoeACewitUV
Back to top Go down

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:08 pm

Not this bitch.
Back to top Go down

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:11 pm

._. did you just call me a bitch...?
Back to top Go down
Amaymon

Amaymon

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:18 pm

But doesn't that make you my bitch Yylfordt? I get all the bitches, just not Emily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mephisto Pheles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mephisto Pheles   Mephisto Pheles Empty

Back to top Go down

Mephisto Pheles
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next